Part 2 – Breakout sessions and Talks
(Link to Day 1 part 1)
The best thing about conventions is that you have the chance to get in contact personally with product line managers, developpers and other experts. Of course it is possible to get all the information online, but there’s no replacement for a hands-on presentation and a direct talk.
Continue reading “VMworld 2017 – Day 1 part 2”
This is a short abstract directly from the first row of seats.
9:00 general session is about to begin
More than 11.000 attendees take part in VMworld 2017 EU.
Tot som Barcelona
In reference to the tragic attacks recently happened in Barcelona the opening sentence was “We’re all Barcelona “.
- Pat Gelsinger talking about digital transformation.
- IBM and Dell announcing joint venture to accelerate cloud adoption.
- announcement of HCX Technology – Cloud service for cloud migration, app mobility and infrastructure hybridity.
- Alan Renouf showing Pat Gelsinger a VR frontend for vSphere Management. Funny to see him using VR glasses to drop a VM into the virtual trashcan or to vMotion another one by throwing the object.
- Introducing Appdefence security solution
Monday is day one before the official start of VMworld. Ideal to get organized and to do some practice in the Hands-on-Labs (HOL).
Labs are well organized and the staff is very helpful. A staff member welcomes you at the entrance and leads you to your desk. They’ll assist you until you’ve successfully logged into your session. On Monday morning there is no rush yet and everything is calm. Continue reading “VMworld 2017 – Warm up part 2”
Sunday – Registration and warm-up
WMworld Europe 2017 hasn’t officially started yet, but Sunday afternoon the registration booth is already open and it’s a smart idea to collect your badge in this relaxed atmosphere before the Monday-rush.
It’s a lovely sunny day with mild temperatures.
Continue reading “VMworld 2017 – Prequel”