Let’s dive deeper
When the 1st day was mainly focused on partners and sales, day 2 goes more into technics. Here we’ve got the opportunity to see and talk to developpers and product managers.
v10 – Preview
There has been an announcement to Veeam Backup & Replication v10. Some new features that will be available have been shown live in the morning general session.
- File Server Backup and Restore. Add NAS filer
- Veeam Continuous Data Protection CDP. Reduce RPO to Seconds.
- New storage integration for Lenovo, IBM and Infinidat
- New Universal Storage API
- Veeam Availability Orchestrator with integratiuon into Vmware vRealize LogInsight
- Veeam Availability for AWS. Agentless Protection for VMs on AWS
Fun fact: the truth about the name Veeam.
Forget what you know about the origin of the company name. Many say it’s VM (vee-am), but as Ratmir Timashev revealed today, it is actually indicating the time they were creating the logo. They were sitting together at 5:33 in the morning.
If you read the old logo in a different way, it says: V (5), EE (33), AM (am). 😉
Anyway. Recently there has been a design change. So the new logo looks like this: